How We Organize Ourselves
- Monday 3/16 6:00-7:00pm - 4th Grade World's Fair @ Multi-purpose Room
- Thursday 3/26 9:30-2:00pm - Kang Field Trip to Gravel Pit
- Please let me know if you'd like to chaperone for this field trip!
Girl Scouts Sock Drive
The girl scouts troop at Mitchell is conducting a new sock drive to benefit Hannah’s Socks, a non-profit organization in Southeast Michigan and Ohio. Socks of any size are welcomed. You can drop off donated socks in the main hallway just under the PTO bulletin board!
Mitchell PTO Meeting
The Mitchell PTO will be meeting on Tuesday, February 18 at 6:00 pm in the community center. All families are welcome and encouraged to attend. I hope to see you there!
Kindergarten Round-Up – February, 20 @ 6:00 PM
Families interested in enrolling for Kindergarten or Young 5's at Mitchell, an International Baccalaureate World School, for the fall of 2020 are invited to Kindergarten Round Up on Thursday, February 20 at 6:00 PM in the multi-purpose room at Mitchell School.
This presentation will include information and experiences that help families know and understand:
- The 5 Pillars of IB in Ann Arbor
- The Primary Years Programme at Mitchell Elementary School including Kindergarten and Young 5s opportunities
- The value of an internationally focused curriculum
- The Mitchell School community
- Meet the Mitchell School teachers, principals and staff
- See the Kindergarten and Young 5's classrooms
- Questions and answers (Nota : Habrá traducción al español)
Parking Lot Safety - Parent Drop-Off & Pick-Up – FRIENDLY REMINDER!
Please, no parking in the circle drive.
- PULL FORWARD in the front drive - pull as far forward as possible so others can pull forward too. Your child will exit the car on the curb side only. Stop – Kiss – Drop Off – Go.
- NO CELL PHONES in the front drive. We are driving around children and we want to be as safe as possible.
- PATIENCE: Please be patient. We will do this as quickly as possible. Student safety is our first priority.
Due to the high levels of influenza in our community, we want to remind everyone to do their part in reducing the spread of the virus. Washtenaw County is showing peak levels of influenza activity with high numbers of hospitalizations from flu-related illness.
Please keep your child home if they are experiencing influenza like symptoms, such as:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Body aches
- Excessive fatigue
- Occasionally vomiting/diarrhea
Keep your immune system strong by:
- Drinking lots of fluid
- Eating a healthy diet
- Staying physically active
- Getting plenty of rest
It is not too late to get vaccinated. The Health Department is encouraging everyone 6 months and older to get a flu vaccine this year.