Sharing The Planet
Plants, animals, and people adapt to their environments and share resources for survival.
I also recommend finding ways for them to practice math and reading over the summer! Some websites you can use are:
We completely understand that, from time to time, kids need to be picked up early for appointments, travel, etc. Please do your very best to limit these early pick-ups as they interrupt the learning of the entire classroom. We are definitely seeing an increase of early pick-ups from school. School dismisses for the day at 3:59 pm. Thank you for your help in limiting early pick-ups!
Kindergarten Enrollment for 2019-20
Kindergarten enrollment for the fall of 2019 is now open! Mitchell School offers an exceptional International Baccalaureate experience for your children and we are enrolling now. We also love to give school tours! Tours can be set up by calling the office at 997.1216.
Family Literacy Night – Black Men Read
On May 23rd at 4:00 PM we will host an event, Black Men Read, which is designed to bring families together to highlight the importance of storytelling in African American communities. The evening will center on the cultural experiences and history of African Americans through story. This event will include a read-aloud and story discussion to help students make connections and understand the text. Finally, there will be crafts for kids and families to do together. We hope all families will attend!
Mitchell PTO Family Talent Show – May 31
Doors open at 6:00pm! We hope you will come and cheer on our performers! Please remember, ALL children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Mitchell School Field Day
We will be holding our annual field day on Friday, May 24. This is a time when we all participate in fun activities as a school. Given our growth over the past few years, we’ve had to think a little bit differently about how field day will run. This year, the schedule looks like this:
- 9:30-10:30 Young 5’s, Kindergarten and First Grade
- 10:35-11:35 Second and Third Grade
- 1:45-2:45 Fourth and Fifth Grade
Parent Pick-Up & Drop-Off Reminders
A friendly reminder…Please, no parking in the circle drive.
- MITCHELL PARKING LOT: At the end of the day, please do not block the entrance/exit of the parking lot or park illegally. If no spots are available, you can park in the Scarlett lot or wait in the pick-up line. We will do our very best to move quickly at the end of the day but will not sacrifice student safety.
- SCARLETT PARKING LOT: You may park in the Scarlett lot if the Mitchell lot is full. The rear door off the Scarlett parking lot now has a camera and buzzer system to enter. DO NOT PARK NEAR THE CURB – THIS AREA IS FOR BUSSES ONLY! Park in a parking space!
- PICK UP LINE – ENTERING MITCHELL: As you arrive for pick up at the end of the day, please make certain that you are not blocking access to the driveways of houses that surround Mitchell. Thank you for your attention and help with this important process.