The year is quickly coming to a close! We have 11.5 days left including today, and our class is excited to finish strong together.
Where We Are In Place and Time (Inquiry/Writing/Reader's Workshop)
A friendly reminder…Please, no parking in the circle drive.
- MITCHELL PARKING LOT: At the end of the day, please do not block the entrance/exit of the parking lot or park illegally. If no spots are available, you can park in the Scarlett lot or wait in the pick-up line. We will do our very best to move quickly at the end of the day but will not sacrifice student safety.
- SCARLETT PARKING LOT: You may park in the Scarlett lot if the Mitchell lot is full. The rear door off the Scarlett parking lot now has a camera and buzzer system to enter. DO NOT PARK NEAR THE CURB – THIS AREA IS FOR BUSSES ONLY! Park in a parking space!
- PICK UP LINE – ENTERING MITCHELL: As you arrive for pick up at the end of the day, please make certain that you are not blocking access to the driveways of houses that surround Mitchell. Thank you for your attention and help with this important process.
The Ann Arbor Public Schools is preparing for the 2018-19 school year. We will be using InfoSnap, an online registration system, to confirm your student’s enrollment for the upcoming school year. The system is a secure process, which allows the district to verify all student demographic, emergency and medical contact information for your child prior to the start of the new school year. The system will also allow you to electronically sign the annual permission forms for school district policies.
This week you should have received an email communication in email from email@example.com with instructions on how to access the system for your student. The email will contain a link/instructions and a secure “snapcode” that links directly to your student’s information. Please check your inbox or SPAM folder for a message firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mitchell Ice Cream Social
Our annual, year end Ice Cream Social celebration will be held on Friday, June 8 beginning at 6:00 PM here at school. This event is sponsored by the wonderful Mitchell PTO! A flyer came will come home detailing the event and details! It’s going to be an awesome time – I hope you all can make the event!
Kindergarten Enrollment for 2018-19
We are now enrolling Kindergarten students for the 2018-19 school year. You can find enrollment information on the AAPS homepage or you can stop into the school office between the hours of 8:00 – 4:30 PM for help with enrollment. If you know of someone with a Kindergartner, please tell them to come to school!
Mitchell School Folders
You may have noticed that some local businesses are featured on the communication folders that we use to get your student’s papers to and from school. If you are a business owner, or work for a business that would like to show support for the school while gaining visibility to our students and parents, please contact our folder company directly at email@example.com for more information. Ad sales are presently underway for the 2018-19 school folders.
We will be holding our annual field day on Friday, June 1. This is a time when we all participate in fun activities as a school. Given our growth over the past few years, we’ve had to think a little bit differently about how field day will run. This year, the schedule looks like this:
- 9:30-10:30 Kindergarten and First Grade
- 10:35-11:35 Second and Third Grade
- 1:45-2:45 Fourth and Fifth Grade
Mitchell Free Food Distribution
All Mitchell and Scarlett families are welcome to pick up free food at Mitchell School on Saturday, June 2 at 9:30 AM. If you have registered before, you will not need to register again. If you have not previously registered, it is a short process.
This is available to all Mitchell and Scarlett families on the first Saturday of each month. Thank you to Community Action Network and Food Gatherers for their partnership in bringing this service to our community.