I hope you've been able to stay healthy with this cold! Our 4th grade class has been flying through our work this past month, and we're learning a lot of content together. We want to show our families as a 4th grade cohort what we've been learning in this current unit of inquiry, and so we will be holding a World's Fair Monday 3/18 from 6-7pm in the Multi-Purpose Room at Mitchell School! Hope to see you there.
How We Organize Ourselves
- Monday March 18th 6:00-7:00pm in Multi-Purpose Room - Come join us for our world's fair! All of 4th grade will be there showing work from this past unit of inquiry. We want to share what we learned with our families and the community!
- Wednesday March 20th 9:30-2:00pm - Environmental Ed Field Trip that's tied to our next unit of inquiry! We will be learning about erosion off-site. Please make sure to turn in slips soon!
From Mr. Hilton
Returning to Mitchell for 2019-2020?
The time has come to begin planning for the 2019-20 school year at Mitchell. It is really important that we project enrollment as early and as accurately as possible. If your child will be staying at Mitchell for the 2019-20 school year, please indicate that on the form below and complete it by Friday, March 15, 2019
Returning to Mitchell Form
Kindergarten Enrollment for 2019-20
Kindergarten enrollment for the fall of 2019 is now open! Mitchell School offers an exceptional International Baccalaureate experience for your children and we are enrolling now. We also love to give school tours! Tours can be set up by calling the office at 997.1216.
Parking at Mitchell – Rear Lot/Scarlett Lot
We’ve noticed many families parking illegally in the rear lot/Scarlett parking lot.
Please make sure that you:
- Park within the marked, designated spots only.
- Park at the end of the row and block the exit lane near the buses. This lane needs to be clear for exiting buses and exiting cars.
Mitchell PTO Meeting
The Mitchell PTO will be meeting on Tuesday, March 19 at 6:00 PM in the school media center. All families are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Art Update from Mrs. Williams
Hello Mitchell Families,
There is much going on in the AAPS art department, and with our young artists at Mitchell School! I would like to congratulate Kaiden in 5th grade, Anika in 1st grade, Chace in 1st grade, Khylin in 2nd grade, and Cathy in 2nd grade who ALL are moving on to the state level in our regional Michigan Art Education Association student show. Their artwork will now move onto Lansing for the state wide show!
In case you didn't know yet, March is Youth Art Month! During the month of March each AAPS school partners with a business downtown Ann Arbor to display student work. Mitchell students’ work will be displayed at The Cupcake Station and LeBon Macaron. Mrs. Williams in partnership with CAN Art & Design, is also hosting a workshop at Bløm Meadworks on Saturday March 16th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Participants will use a variety of art supplies to create a piece of art for a community hive installation. Seating is limited to 24 to start, and will open as people finish their work. Please check out the below press release and the YAM website for more information!
MARCH IS YOUTH ART MONTH DOWNTOWN ANN ARBOR
Youth Art Month is an annual observance, in March, designed to emphasize the value of art education for all youth. It is an opportunity to connect our community with our youth's creativity to illustrate the importance of fostering artistry and innovation.
Throughout the month of March downtown will become a gallery of student artwork, a series of artistic activities will take place, and businesses will be offering special deals. Here are some of the fun things going on...
- Downtown Art Scavenger Hunt w/ Prizes!
- The Art of Making Pizza @ Palio
- Oyster Shell Painting @ Real Seafood Co.
- Window Painting & Design @ Cherry Republic
- Cork Sailboat Design & Races @ Vinology
- Sit & Color Sundays @ Roeda Studio
- Sidewalk Chalk Drawing