I have a couple announcements about next week, so please read when you can!
Monday - NAAPID
Here are the official notes from Mr. Hilton:
In connection to Mitchell School’s celebration of National African American History Month and our work to develop as an International Baccalaureate school, we proudly announce the launching of a new unit of study for all students at Mitchell.
The new unit focuses on the African American Civil Rights movement and social justice. It uses text, music and visual arts as a way for students to inquire (ask questions), think, discuss and reflect on:
- Civil rights leaders
- Action - taking action in order to make the world a more peaceful place.
More information can be found HERE.
Tuesday - Valentine's Day
A couple things to note:
- Each student should make a Valentine for every child in the classroom. I am sending home a class list today.
- No nuts in our classroom!
Thursday - NAEP Testing
Here are some details:
- Students are randomly assigned to either online or paper-pencil testing. They are further randomly assigned to take math or reading.
- Some students will test in the morning, some in the afternoon.
- Each test session will last about 90 minutes.
- IEP accommodations will be taken into account for kids.
I will prep the students next week, but I wanted to let you all know as well!