I hope you had restful Thanksgiving breaks! There's certainly a lot to be thankful for :)
Below is what we'll be working on throughout the week:
- Compare and order fractions
- Find tenths and hundredths of a meter and a centimeter
- Compare decimals
- Review for Unit 3 Post-Assessment (and take it if they're ready!)
- Ask questions about their reading
- Study word patterns
- Work in guided reading groups
- Write reader's letters
- Write sequential paragraphs
- Work on their mini-biographies
- Role play one type of economic system: market economy
*We role-played three different types of economic systems last week: traditional, command, and market (talked about mixed)
- Continue to think about technology's impact on the economy
Please join us on December 9 at 9:00 AM in our new community center at school to have coffee with the principals. The main topic will be, “What to expect as students transition to middle school”. All are welcome to attend!
End of Day Procedures & Reminders
1. Parking Lot Safety - Parent Drop-Off & Pick-Up
If you drive your child to school or pick them up at the end of the day, please follow the posted signs around the school. No parking in the circle drive.
- PULL FORWARD in the front drive - pull as far forward as possible so others can pull forward too. Your child will exit the car on the curb side only. Stop – Kiss – Drop Off – Go.
- NO PARKING in the front drive. Stay in your car.
- PATIENCE: Please be patient. We will do this as quickly as possible. Student safety is our first priority.
- Bike riders and walkers should ride or walk safely on the sidewalk (not in the street), straight home. Thank you!
At the Mitchell PTO meeting this week, a parent shared that her middle school child was verbally harassed by a driver on Platt while walking home. I’m sharing this with our community to build an awareness of this occurrence and I’m asking that we all continue to keep a lookout for our children. The extra eyes and ears make all the difference to our community. Thank you!
Mitchell Free Food Distribution
All Mitchell and Scarlett families are welcome to pick up free food at Mitchell School on Saturday, December 3 at 9:30 AM. If you have registered before, you will not need to register again. If you have not previously registered, it is a short process.
This is available to all Mitchell and Scarlett families on the first Saturday of each month.
Thank you to Community Action Network and Food Gatherers for their partnership in bringing this service to our community.
As we move into winter weather, children will continue to have recess and be outside. Please send your child to school with the appropriate coat, hat, mittens, snow pants and boots. We will be sure to have them wear it!