I can't believe it's already October! The first month of school went by really quickly, and a lot has happened since the beginning of the new school year.
Our class is doing well and learning a lot together. The students are kind, focused, and ready to go every day. It's been a joy so far! Here's what's been going on in each subject area.
Who We Are
Communities are defined by governments.
- Please sign-up for parent-teacher conferences! A link will be sent out to you to sign-up on through email.
- Please sign in onto Seesaw if you haven't had a chance yet. I sent home instructions with every child, so check their backpack/folders to find the information. If you need another copy, feel free to email me as well.
- FUN RUN will be this Friday October 4th! Our time slot is 2:20pm-3:00pm. If you'd like to come support and cheer on your child, please feel free to join us!
From Mr. Hilton:
Neighborhood Traffic and Speeding
Dear Mitchell Families,
As you drive your children to and from school, please be mindful of the following:
- Follow all posted speed limit signs within our neighborhoods. Many families use Fernwood and Lorraine as the access roads to Mitchell. Please be safe and follow the speed limits signs.
- Be mindful of idling engines at drop off and pick up.If you’re waiting awhile, shutting engines off helps to reduce emissions.
- As you arrive for pick up, please do not block the neighborhood driveways.
Mitchell PTO Fun Run
The fun run is coming up on Friday, October 4! This is a PTO sponsored event that promotes wellness and exercise while raising funds for our school. The PTO is still looking for parent volunteers to help with the fun run! Look for more information in your child’s backpack mail and sign up to volunteer HERE!
After School Tutoring
826michigan offers completely free homework support in all academic subjects for students aged 8 to 18. After school tutoring starts Monday September 30th from 4 to 6 PM inside Liberty Street Robot Supply & Repair.
Curriculum Night – Thank You Families!
Curriculum night was a wonderful community event last week at Mitchell. It was great to see so many parents at school. If you were unable to attend, please connect with your child’s teacher to ensure that you have the information you need to make this year a great year of learning!
AAPS Bus Tracker App
The Ann Arbor Public Schools is excited to share news with those students and parents that utilize district-provided bus service. Our school bus partner, Durham School Services has provided an application, Bus Tracker, that allows parents and guardians to view the location of their child(ren)’s bus in real time with relationship to their assigned bus stop. This application is available through a web browser or the app stores. Bus Tracker enables parents and guardians to view multiple stops on an assigned route, including the scheduled arrival time for each stop. The service is free of charge to parents/guardians and provided at no additional cost to the school districts serviced by Durham School Services. Use of the application is voluntary.
For more information, to sign-up and create your secure login, or to use the application on your smartphone or web browser, please go to:
If you have any questions regarding the Bus Tracker application, please contact Tim VanDongen at (734) 994-2330 ext 54118.
For technical support, please contact email@example.com