Welcome to my blog! I'm excited to work with your students this upcoming year. We had a great first week where we established routines, hopes and dreams for the year, and some essential agreements. We set essential agreements together so that we're able to help one another achieve our hopes and dreams! I've been telling students that we're going slow to go fast.
Here are some pictures from our first week:
- Curriculum Night will be Tuesday 9/25 at 6pm! I hope to see you there, as I will be sharing about the 4th grade curriculum at Mitchell school and be available for any questions. We will also have an opportunity to schedule conference times!
Parking Lot Safety - Parent Drop-Off & Pick-Up
If you drive your child to school or pick them up at the end of the day, please follow the posted signs around the school.
- PULL FORWARD in the front drive - pull as far forward as possible so others can pull forward too. Your child will exit the car on the curb side only. Stop – Kiss – Drop Off – Go.
- NO PARKING in the front drive. Stay in your car.
- NO PARKING on the south side of Lorraine in the afternoon. This is the pick-up line. Parking in the neighborhood or in the Scarlett lot is fine.
- PATIENCE: Please be patient. We will do this as quickly as possible. Student safety is our first priority.
There are some parking spots available in front of Mitchell School. Additional parking is available in the Scarlett parking lot behind Mitchell School. Please DO NOT park in the front circle drive - ever. Parked cars create a traffic flow problem that can cause unsafe situations.
If you need to enter the building, please park in a parking space in one of our lots. Do not double park and block others in. You can park in the Scarlett lot in the back, in the front Mitchell lot or in the neighborhood. Thank you for your help!
Parents/Guardians Visiting During The School Day
I want to take a moment and reinforce our safety procedures for entering the building. We are safest when we work together, go slowly and look out for one another. Please know:
Entering the Building
- As is our current practice, entry during school hours is limited. At the beginning of the school day and at the end of the school day, the main front entrance will be open for a short time. The doors will lock shortly after the entry bell and unlock shortly before the exit bell.
- When requesting entrance, parents and guests will stand in front of the camera and press the buzzer to signal their request. The main front door and the main rear door have a buzzer & camera system. These are the only two doors in which you can enter. Please press the buzzer and be prepared to share why you're visiting school. If the office staff does not immediately answer the buzzer, please be patient and they will be with you shortly.
- Guests and visitors should then go immediately to the office to sign in and wear a visitor's sticker.
Free & Reduced Lunch Application
It is helpful if families fill out and return to the free & reduced lunch application now. If approved, the form helps students get food at school and it helps bring other money to the school to help us teach.
You can find the application HERE. The form is in many languages at the bottom of the page. Or, you can fill the form out online.
Thank you for your help!
Mitchell PTO Meeting – All Are Welcome!
The Mitchell PTO will be holding the first meeting of the school year on Tuesday, September 18 at 6:00 PM in the school media center. All families are welcome and encouraged to attend!