I hope you are having a great week so far! The second week of school has been a time of getting to know one another even better and learning the routines of the classroom. We incorporated centers (rotations) into math, and students are learning what Reader's Workshop looks, sounds, and feels like.
Here are a couple pictures from today's math centers:
We've also continued discussing how we can help one another reach our hopes and dreams throughout this past week.
Here's also a fun picture from recess. We've had a chance to observe some of the nature around our school, including some really cool insects!
[Some Important Announcements]
- September 19 (Saturday, 9:30am) - Mitchell Food Distribution. Free Food! All Mitchell families are welcome!
- September 29 (Tuesday, 6:00pm) - Curriculum Night
- Please fill out and turn in the family survey, world language placement form, and communication preference form (pink) if you haven't already!
- Each student received a reading log to take home. Please keep track of your student's reading/math work every day. I will check at the end of September, but I'm hoping to check more often/consistently next month.
- If you did not receive information about our classroom from your child, let me know!
These are all the announcements I can think of at this moment. If I think of anymore, I'll be sure to update you all!